Located at the northernmost edge of the Vaucluse and facing Mont
Ventoux, the hilltop village of Faucon offers superb views across the surrounding countryside. Traces of settlements
dating back to the Neolithic era and the Bronze Age have been discovered in the area, alongside ancient Roman engraved steles.
In the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, the village was a fief belonging to the Counts of Toulouse, and became part of the Papal
States in 1274. Ruins are still scattered throughout Faucon, and the village retains the feel of a medieval stronghold.
What to see and visit: the Sainte-Colombe chapel (1902); the medieval arch; the remains of the feudal castle and its fortifications; the churches; fossils (ammonites).
Recommended activities: pétanque competitions, walking, botanical trail.